Saturday, September 29, 2012

Of Being Thankful

Star Q


It's budget time again!  And the budget which was tabled two days ago was, in more ways than one, favorable to most of the Malaysian public.  As with the budgets tabled every year, there is always something for every one; no matter how small or how insignificant one may feel it may be.

As expected, government servants got their wish for a one and a half months bonus; although I'm sure (like myself) others were waiting with anticipation about the handout!  Even though 1/3 of the bonus has already been given prior to the Eid celebration this year, personally I can take a deep and long breath of relief when the other 2/3 of the bonus will be given in December and January respectively!

I am sure I am not alone in saying that the December bonus will help to ease the burden of head of families, especially those with more than two school-going children.  And the January bonus can be set aside for children who will be continuing their studies in colleges or universities.

Alhamdulillah, that is a lot to be thankful for.  However, it is sad to say that there are a few (very few at that!) people who do not see the giving of the bonus as a kind gesture.  In fact, they see it as every thing negative under the sun except kindness.  

I say, just let them be.  I personally feel, if I cannot thank the person for being kind, then I turn to Allah and express my gratitude because it is through Allah's grace that this person delivers the kindness to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...