Monday, September 17, 2012

Kids : Now And Then #1

Star Q

Image sourced from Google

One thing for certain, they are different.  Let's cut to the chase.  Kids now need to be told what to do around the house, what their chores are and explained why they need to do the chores.  As if that is not enough, the reasons must be acceptable to them and the chores that they do must have some kind of reward or benefit to them; directly!  Otherwise, forget it!

Kids of long-ago however are quite a different breed.  I remember when I was a kid, I never needed my mom to tell me what to do around the house.  The will to help out at home would come instinctively especially when I saw my mom hard at work, tending to the house chores.  The feeling of sympathy for my hardworking mom was incentive enough for me to do my chores (and more!) without ever being told!  The look of gratitude on my mom's face was reward enough for me!

P.S. Of course this is my own personal experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...