Thursday, August 9, 2012

Add-on Holidays!

Star Q

It has taken me a long time to write about this holiday thing especially ones related to festivals, in particular Hari Raya holidays.  Don't get me wrong.  I love holidays and I think people would be bonkers not love them!  The only thing that gets to me is why ask for additional holidays to the already gazetted public holidays?


I have noticed that this phenomenon of requesting for extra holidays has been going on for quite a few years back.  I used to remember during the first fifteen years of my service, we never asked for extra add-on holidays for our Hari Raya holidays.  And the best thing was we made full advantage of the few holidays given no matter how close it was to Hari Raya.  Best of all neither spouse bickered when they had to spend so few days with their own families.  After the short holidays, all of us went back to work feeling satisfied with the few days we were given to spend with our relatives.

I shall not pretend to write about how other people feel about why they or other people ask for these add-on holidays (which will in fact be replaced!) for fear of being judgemental.  Suffice to say, why fix something that  was not broken in the first place.

Things have definitely changed now.  And, I suspect they will continue to change.  I only hope they will be for the better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...