Monday, June 4, 2012

You Know Raya Is Near When ......

Star Q



There are many signs around you that whether directly or indirectly, tell you that Raya is near.  It may not be right around the corner, but it's near nevertheless.

For our household, one of the many signs that Raya is near, is the smell of a fresh new coat of paint on the house walls, even though it may just be one wall!  Last year we painted the whole living room and the dining area with tones of light green and cream.  And even though the coat of paint is still new (to me at least!) the missus has decided to give the wall in the living room another coat of paint.

She decided to paint one of the walls (and dragged me into helping!) because last year my sister gave us a tin of paint which she had leftover from painting her own house.  I know the missus has been itching to paint the wall ever since this two-week school holiday started!  And even though I was busy marking and grading my students exam papers (hoping I could get away from painting!) she quietly took the ladder, the tin of paint and the brushes to start painting, silently hinting that I should help!  And, looking at her tenacity, I just had to lend a helping hand (out of guilt!)

The next sign that Raya is near will be coming up in my next entry!  This time I made a huge contribution (and not out of guilt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...