Friday, June 22, 2012

Waste Not Want Not

Star Q


This is just another term for recycling which was coined many, many years ago by our fore-fathers who did not have plenty to go by during their times.  Nothing went to waste because food, and every thing was not easy to come by.  Curtains for example, would be used again and again, and when they are no more suitable to be hung to adorn windows and doors, they would be turned into bed spreads and pillow cases.  And further down the line, when even then they are no more presentable, they would be turned into rags or coverings for fruits in the orchard.

Well, I wouldn't go that far in this case, however, since these curtains that I have salvaged will not be turned into bed spreads or pillow cases or coverings for fruits!  But these curtains have been lying around in one of the rooms in school since that particular room was given a new set of curtains!

The color was not to my liking but I thought that rather than letting the pink curtains lay around collecting dust,  I took them home, gave them a spin in the washing machine and they will soon have a new lease of life;  as curtains of course!  But this time adorning a different room in a different location.  

I'm still hunting for things that people have left idle; things that I can salvage and recycle to spruce up that long abandoned room!  So, don't leave your things lying around because the next day they may not be there anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...