Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hijrah to AlHijrah!

Star Q


My first reaction when reading this article in one of the newspapers I bought today (every Sunday I usually buy three!) was to agree one hundred percent!  The writer and I seem to be on the same wavelength as far as the credibility of the news on this particular channel is concerned!

Actually, for quite some time now I have been watching the 8.00 p.m. news over at TV AlHijrah.  My family, especially the missus and my daughter have been asking me the reason for watching news on this channel.  I always given them the safe and quick answer (because I really wanted to watch the news!) that is the news over this channel are short and precise; which means there's no beating around the bush (or other people's bushes!) to enable a certain point to come across.

In addition, I also notice that the news over AlHijrah really and absolutely focuses on the news they want to present; meaning they don't make their newsreaders part of the news.  The solo newsreaders over this channel present the news and not themselves.  I say this because it seems to me like, some other channels make the newsreaders part of the news (like a well-wrapped package!)  Ever notice that the newsreaders take turns to present different news?  Sometimes they take turns to present the same news!  And on one particular channel the light banter (really? Come on!)  between the readers seem so plastic and unnecessary; everything seem so orchestrated!

I guess every channel has it's own way to present news and AlHijrah has found one that captures the viewers' attention.  Well, time to 'hijrah' to AlHijrah!







No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...