Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Prayers and Noisy Boys

Star Q


Image sourced from Google

A few Friday's ago. I started performing my Friday prayers somewhere near the courtyard of the mosque; not inside the mosque where it is air-conditioned!  I chose to do my prayers outside since I found it quite difficult to sit in the 'tahyat akhir' position.  So, sitting outside allowed me to sit in a rather awkward position without disturbing others.

To my dismay, I have noticed for the fourth Friday now, that a group of kids who happen to be near the courtyard, have been talking and laughing loudly the very minute they arrive at the mosque; and that can be as early as 1.20 p.m.  

I found out that the disturbance I would have caused with my awkward sitting position is rather trivial compared to the noise these boys make!  For twenty minutes before the Friday prayer starts, while the 'khatib' recites the 'khutbah', this rowdy group of boys continue to disturb the serenity of the mosque and the concentration of others who have actually come to pray!

I mean, where are these kids' dads?  Even if their dads pray inside the air-conditioned section of the mosque, weren't they reminded to keep quiet, or at the very least keep their noise to a minimum.  I guess, this is the role of the parents, especially the dads.  I guess their dads can enjoy the relaxed and cool situation in the mosque, while their sons can enjoy making noise to their hearts' content outside the mosque!

I shudder to think that these noisy boys will continue to enjoy themselves at the expense of the other people who actually come to the mosque to pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...