Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Lot To Be Thankful For

On the one hand I did not want to be reminded of my fiftieth birthday, but on the other hand I have to remind myself that I have a lot to be thankful for, especially to Allah Almighty for having given me the gift of life and the ability to carry on his bidding, Alhamdulillah.

But, on top of everything else, I have to admit that I did feel repulsed at the idea of any kind of celebration, so much so that when the love of my life did not wish me happy birthday that morning, as she had done on all my birthdays, I honestly did not feel unappreciated.  In fact, I felt a sense of calm. 

The day went on in a flurry of activities.  There was Friday prayers after school.  Then after wolfing down my lunch, I had to drive for two hours to Muar at the request of my daughter for the mere reason that she required some cash, when she could have made things a lot easier by giving me her teacher's account number, which all students had access to, in case of financial crisis.  And to top it all off, she did not even remember to wish me happy birthday.  The only offspring of mine who actually forgot, not that it came as a great shock!

Oh, well!  C'est la vie!  I remember someone once said, age is just a number; but my number is expanding.  I have eight more years of service.  I am desperately looking forward to a different kind of expansion, Insya Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...