Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meeting That Should Have Been Missed

Yesterday I was requested to attend a meeting after school hours.  The venue of the meeting was in a prestigious school in Seremban, about 110 km or a two-hour drive from where I live.  Even though I hate driving long distance, but for the sake of my profession, I overcame that hate.

However, my tiring travel there was in short, for nothing if not merely to meet old acquaintances.  There wasn't much information given during the meeting apparently because the speaker from the Ministry of Education, who had earlier on agreed to attend the meeting and to disseminate some important information, decided not to turn up at the last minute.

This sad attitude reminds me of the proverb 'the pot calling the kettle black'.  The people in this high and mighty place always demand a high standard of professionalism from teachers and make such a big fuss if they see anything wrong with what the teachers are doing, no matter how small.  But, who will make a big fuss about their professionalism when it comes to this situation.  So, mister 'pot', make sure you are shiny before you decide to cast doubts on other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...