Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Old Friends And New Knowledge


Some Friends Are Worth Having


This morning as I left home heading for Tampin to attend a meeting, I felt butterflies in my stomach, not because of the people I would meet there, but more because of the fact that I hate driving long distance; and for me 54 kilometres to and fro is a long distance.

But all the apprehensions I felt earlier quickly disappeared when I saw old and familiar faces who have shared this teaching profession with me for more than twenty years; well at least for some of us.  Things got a lot more relaxed when we started talking about what we have been doing and exchanging teaching ideas.  It got more relaxed when we began to exchange anecdotes about our profession and people whom we have met along the way.

When the session ended at 2.30 p.m. I really felt as if only 2 hours had passed even though we had sat down to do what we were supposed to do from 8 o'clock in the morning.  Thus, it is true what people say about time flying fast when you are having fun.  On top of all that, I learned a lot of new things from my colleagues; so, who says you cannot teach old dogs new tricks?

As I left the premises of the venue for the meeting, I realised that I was actually looking forward to the second part of the meeting that will be held in March.  Well, I hope I will remember to bring my peach cake to the meeting.  Peach cake anyone?


1 comment:

  1. Some meetings are not fun at all, especially the ones chaired by stiff upper-lipped people who thinks that they more knowledgeable than others!

    ReplyDelete

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...