Thursday, December 27, 2012

Till We Meet Again

Star Q


The year 2012 is coming to a close.  The numeral 12 has a certain sentimental effect on me where examinations, especially Malaysian Examination Certificate, are concerned.  I have met many friends through this endeavor and without doubt have learnt a great many things too; things I learnt through the experiences of these friends and those that I learn from being involved in these examinations.

But after twelve years in this particular spot of the education system, I have decided that I have finally had enough.  This outburst of sentiment certainly does not come from the years of being involved, but the conflict of interest posed by the powers that be.

One such conflict, is the leeway that is given when it comes to horrid grammar.  I remember when I started, grammar was grammar, punctuation was critical and upper/lower case was paramount.  As the years went by, this real concept of correct use of language is not adhered to anymore.  People can have their tenses all haywire but still be deemed correct.

There are many other conflicts which I feel cannot be mentioned in such a public domain.  Indeed, being a public domain, these conflicts are not even worth mentioning because I fear that the thoughts and views of a minnow will immediately be silenced after the views, and the minnow alike, is swallowed by the great, big shark!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...