Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cell Phones : Keep It To Yourself

Star Q


Cell phones can indeed be a necessity nowadays and people seem to think that they are so indispensable.  That being the case, I wonder how people used to get along with cellphones before they were invented; the days when we only relied on land lines and public phones.  I have to say we got along well.

In this entry, I only want to focus on if people actually realize how loud they are when they are talking through the cell phones.  I mean, the person at the other end of the line may be hundreds of miles away from where you are, but modern communication has been created such that you don't have to scream until your tonsils come out from your throat in order for the person at the other end of the line to hear you.  Modern communication has been designed so that you are able to talk through the cell phone in an ordinary manner, as if the person you are talking to, is right in front of you; say a mere foot away!

Thus, I find it incomprehensible and ludicrous when this neighbor (I wish he wasn't!) who lives (and still does, unfortunately!) five doors from me, talking loudly through the phone, until he could be heard all along his row of houses and mine!  I guess the person he's talking to must be living thousands of miles away and he really needed to make himself heard.  Or there must have been something wrong with his cell phone!

On second thoughts, I think there must have been something wrong with him!



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...