Monday, December 24, 2012

May Your Days Be Merry and Bright...

Star Q



It's already the 25th of December here in Malaysia.  The date has no real significance to me since I am not celebrating Christmas.  However, many friends I know are celebrating it all over the world and I rejoice in the happiness and celebration.


Many of my recollections of Christmas are based on my experiences when I was studying abroad.  Even though quite a few of my friends and I did not celebrate Christmas, we were always in awe (for the two Christmases we were there!) at how the locals there celebrated Christmas.  It is actually no difference as to how we celebrate our festivities here; with gusto and an all-out enthusiasm!

I remember the night before Christmas, we went to the city center at night to revel in the night lights put up especially for Christmas.  A long time friend, Belinda Giron, who still keeps in contact with us after all these years, was that special friend who followed us around to watch the revelry that night.  Incidentally, one of this friend of mine, who is not celebrating Christmas, is chasing snow in Seoul.  Lucky you!

And to all my other friends whom I have lost contact, including my former flat mates at Mary Morris, Marcus, Stefan Brissard, Nicola Patrizzi, Mario Bianchi and also my former lecturers Martin Bygate, Lynn Cameron and many others, a very Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...