Monday, October 29, 2012

What's To Like?

Star Q


On the one hand, it may be a good thing to inform other people about our status (in reference to a jargon used for a certain social network)  On the other hand, it can be a bit odd at times, especially when your status gets some awkward comments from friends (or so-called friends!)

Take the status below which I copied verbatim from a friend's wall :

Life is precious. I cant stop thinking of soraya's 18 yo friend who passed away. 
Her parents must be devastated. 
Ya Allah, please keep my children safe and well.

One read and you will know that the most appropriate response is to offer some kind of condolence for the bereaved; or some kind words to console the person who had suffered a personal loss.  The last line in the status, is merely the owner's personal response to the tragedy (not a status)

So, when you consider all the above comments that could possibly be offered, you would never expect anyone to LIKE the status.  LIKE-ing the status would suggest that one likes the tragedy that has befallen the unfortunate individual (surprisingly 13 LIKEs for the status; and counting!)

I suppose if you cannot offer kind words, do not click LIKE!  I know I am being judgemental but the proof is already there for millions to see.  I guess these people should promptly UNLIKE!



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...