Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Selesa Beach Resort : Not So Comfortable



I'm in Port Dickson today attending a meeting that I have attended countless number of times.  So, you may assume that I could do without attending this meeting because everything the people here want to say, I would have heard before and memorised to heart.  But I have taken the time to come here thinking that I would at least have a relaxing time at this resort.

Unfortunately all my good assumptions about this resort have flat and have caused much dissatisfaction.  First of all is the food served during lunch.  I (sadly) expected at least one or two of the dishes served at the buffet table to of resort standard but it turns out that the food are those that I can (surely) prepare myself in my own humble kitchen.


Second of all, is the time taken by the staff to allow their guests to check-in.  One would expect the resort (and their staff) to be more empathic towards their guests especially those who have travelled more than 150 kilometres, by promptly checking them in and allowing them to get a good rest.  Unfortunately, at the time this entry was written, that is 1.11 p.m., I have yet to check-in into my room.  What is more distressing is that, we have been informed, much to our dismay, that we can only check-in at 3.00 p.m. at which time we would be attending another meeting.

In reality we will only be able to check-in at about 4.30 p.m. and finally get to rest in our rooms at about 5.30 a.m.  If we are lucky!

I have promised myself that last year would be my final stint as a chief invigilator for this exam, but people in the department still insist on enlisting my services.  I am sad to say that I shall be ending my stint as an invigilator with a negative note.  All because this resort has resorted to not to live up to it's name of being comfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...