Thursday, September 29, 2011

Breakfast? Give Me A Break!


Imagine a lump of clay in your hands, then shaping it into a certain form and then baking it in the kiln.  However, after some time when you take it out from the oven, the clay did not turn into porcelain but just a semi-baked crumbly lump of clay!

That was the unpleasant experience I encountered when I happily (initially anyway!) sat down for breakfast on my second day at this resort, when I attempted to have what the house called chocolate muffin!  The unpleasant experience continued when I attempted to wolf down the house pancake and scrambled eggs.  The pancake was too doughy and extra sweet and the scrambled eggs were, well, in a word, scrambled.  I use the term 'wolf down' for two reasons; one, I hate wasting food that I have taken, and secondly, I was forcing the food down to avoid tasting it any further.

I must say that the food here has not improved in anyway since the new management took over a few years ago.  I remember staying here about ten years ago when this resort was called Regency Hotel and back then everything about it was regent!  And since I am writing about food here,  I can contentedly and pleasantly feel safe and secure in saying that the food then was by far much better and was in a league of its own.  In fact, I remember going to the kitchen, searching for the head chef and complementing him for the beautiful and delicious dishes he had prepared!  Not many people would have the hind-sight to do that!  At least not amongst my colleagues!

I can safely say that I will not be coming here again, and on the same note, I am sure the management would not want to have anything to do with a guest like me!  However, if I do come here again, which I doubt, I hope they would have made some kind of effort to improve their food and of course their service.

Here's to improving our country's tourism industry!

1 comment:

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...