Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's The Time For Sharing



It's that time of year again when we celebrate Hari Raya Aidil Fitri after a month of fasting (in all sense of the word!) and this is also the time when we get together as a large family; where all of our siblings and their families, wherever they may reside, get together to rejoice!  It is also the time when we go around visiting other extended families like aunts, uncles and cousins (no matter how many times removed!)

At my current age, I now feel that getting together with my immediate families would be more than sufficient and I also feel that the younger siblings in the family should be the ones to converge with the eldest in the family.  Not just because I am the eldest, but with age catching up with me, I would probably be the first one to collapse due to too much travelling on this happy occasion!

And while on the subject of collapse,  I realise that this festive season is also the time for all to eat anything and everything they could possibly eat (part of the blame is always put on the fact that people have been fasting for a month!) and that the food are always laden with delicacies that are largely oil and fact based, ultimately leading up to a build up of cholesterol.  Something an elderly person like myself can definitely do without. 

So, to contend with the eating desires of the majority, I usually consume my food in moderation (or less!).  And I usually cannot wait for the celebrations to be over when I can get back to eating food that are more age and health friendly!

But then again, festivals like this is the time for sharing.  So, go ahead and share.  But, in moderation, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...