Thursday, September 8, 2011

School Sightings


I'm on medical leave today because of the severe condition of gout that has affected my right feet.  I blame myself for being such a glutton during Eid for consuming too much beef, which is a definite no-no for people who have this condition.

And as I was having my breakfast at eight this morning,  I heard some loud voices coming from the school bus-stop (the school I'm teaching, incidentally, is right behind my house!)  Armed with my camera, I decided to investigate the source and unsurprisingly saw a group of school boys just having fun (without any concern that I was watching them and taking their photographs, even though they did see me!) without making haste to enter their classrooms!

My significant other told me that this situation has been going to quite some time.  She says that some students seem to make it a habit of going to school late as if school starts the same as office hours.  I even noticed that two parents sent their children on motorbikes at 8.10 a.m. and dropped them off just a few yards from the school's main gate.

Does this show that people around the school are the only ones who notice these situations?  I hope people don't think any less of the school authorities for this shortsightedness.  Sometimes the school just cannot keep an eye on every single student.  And this being true, students (if you can call these group of students that!) should take advantage of this shortcoming and continue to be delinquents!



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...