Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cronies In Cahoots over Computers!

When you think about the extent to which some people would go to in order achieve or in this case acquire the things they want, you fail to see the reasons why they insist on making themselves less than human.  It is quite sad actually to think that these people would stoop so low to be above (sic) the law.  A case in point is the distribution of the Netbooks to deserving students in schools. 

What turned out to be a good gesture on the governments part to enable qualified students to be able to broaden their knowledge horizon through the internet via the use of Netbooks, has now become more of a ferocious feline hording the lion's share; the lion here being the people in schools who have been given the responsibility (and I mention this word with much disgust!) to distribute the Netbooks to only those who really deserve them!

I feel disgusted when I learned today (I wish I hadn't!) that the person in this school who has been given the responsibility to do so, has misused his position to distribute the Netbooks to those who do not really deserve them, just because they are his friends.  I was made to understand that one of the criteria that entitles you to a Netbook is your monthly income. 

I was utterly surprised when I was told one of the teachers in this school, got one on behalf of his son, even though his wife is also a teacher.  Another husband and wife duo who are both teachers also got the Netbook even though they do not have a child studying in the school!  Even more surprising, a teacher who is a bachelor and does not have any child at all, got the Netbook on behalf of his nephew, when in fact the boy's parents are both teachers!

I am resigned to say that I now feel sad and I have lost all respect for these people who have not made any effort to decline the Netbooks given to them knowing that they are not truly entitled to them; knowing full well also that there other people who are more deserving than they are. 

I have also lost all respect for the institution that I have held so dear for almost twenty five years now.  It really makes me feel sad that I have taken this long to realize that this profession that I love so much with all my ageing heart, can possibly still have people within my proximity who pretend to be humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...