Friday, May 13, 2011

Thanks For Remembering


Mak Yang's card received on 14/5/11 - TQ

16th May comes around every year and more often than it just comes and goes without actually leaving much of an impression.  You may think that I am being a bit blase amidst all the celebrations that go around during this day, whether they are arranged by students or, indeed, often times by teachers themselves.  Let's face it, teachers are not a group of people on the top of the list of the most remembered people; neither are they the most favourable people because other people always dictates what makes a good teacher.  Thus, the reason why teachers organise their own celebrations on their own big day.

But, enough of the sob story because the only shoulder a teacher can cry on is on the shoulder of another teacher; then again if you are lucky! Ha ha! 

Anyway, one reason I feel happy every 16th May, aside from the fact that Allah has given me countless blessings and has allowed me to continue my existence on this world, is that every year I will be getting my Teacher's Day Card from someone special who never forgets my special day.  That special someone is my first sister, who not only remembers, but also makes sure that her card is the first to reach me. 

I guess it is just me, plus the years that are catching up on me, that has made me a lot more sentimental because I don't seem to find presents on Teachers' Day something that I look forward to.  It is the little things, like a card from my sister, that I cherish more; something that I can carry around with me where ever I go.  It is just like having my sister with me!

And on that note, I wish you were here on my special day and thanks again to you, Puan Anita bt Ramli, my sister for the lovely card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...