Thursday, May 19, 2011

Teachers Dazed!

Singing for some compassion

I hate to sound like a wet blanket but I do feel that teachers are just like a group of masochists!  I say this because even after all the suffering that they go through, they are still intent on continuing with their profession; even those new teachers who still stand a chance of quitting and making their lives better in other professions seem to find being someone who enjoys sufferings such an exquisite and tempting situation.

I, for one have been waiting for about three years now, since 2009, about this wonderful news that the government keeps promising teachers every time comes 16th May.  And, I am happy that I have not been holding my breath all this while waiting for promises that only benefit a few people in the teaching profession especially those in the administrative side.  In a way, I'm glad I didn't hold my breath, if not I would have turned blue from lack of air and green, feeling envious of those who made into the government's shortlisted few to receive incentives and promotions!

I guess it's too late for me to leave the teaching profession to go to greener pastures, firstly because I'm too tired to start all over again and secondly, but more importantly, no one in his right mind would want to employ a fifty year old ex-teacher as a new employee.  So, I continue to be a masochistic teacher; all the time continuing to do the best I can for my students hoping that they will excel in the studies and that the teaching cloud that I am taking shelter under has a silver lining.

I am a simple person and am content to have that silver lining even though the clouds that my superiors are comfortably languishing in have gold linings!

2 comments:

  1. Teacher Maria,
    Thank you but I am actually happy to be a teacher, for more than just one day.

    ReplyDelete

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...