Monday, May 23, 2011

One good deed deserves another.


I believe that a person who has done work deserves to be paid or at least get some kind of reward or compensation, especially when one was asked to do the task.  Of course, one would not be too outspoken and boldly ask for that compensation since the person who had ask the work to be done in the first place should have thought about it.

A case in point was the Negeri Sembilan School Music Festival held in this school for two days which saw quite a number of the committees that ran the festival requesting the assistance of form six students.  Any one who has had the experience of organising an event on such a scale would agree that when it comes to work, it's all hands on the pump, and in this case it included the form six students.  Pictures of other students involved can also be seen by clicking here!

However, to my dismay, it was sadly reported to me that not only did the students not get any kind of compensation for their hard, neither did they get any food to eat after the event for both days.  To add insult to injury the students were chased away when they asked for their share of food!  I would expect the students should be given food and drinks plus certificate of participation.  Alas, this was not to be.

The same thing happened during the Teachers Day celebration where the form six students played a major role in running the event and making it a successful one.

I remember last year when I was the Chairperson for the school's Staff Club where I asked the form six students to organise and run that year's Teachers Day celebration (with my constant supervision, of course1), which they did excellently well, I went all out to make sure that all the students involved gott to eat as a token for their hard work.  It may not have cost  much, but to see the joy on their faces when they found out they too had a share of the food for that day, was priceless.

I guess these insensitive young teachers should learn a thing or two from old timers like myself on how to keep other people happy which incidentally does not necessarily take much to do so.  Just remember that one good deed deserves another.  The next time may be your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...