Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pesta Muzik Sekolah-Sekolah Negeri Sembilan 2011

The Tarian Randai by SASER

Our school was once again nominated to be the host for another state level competition, and this time it was for the 2011 Negeri Sembilan School Music Festival, which was held for two days from 18th May 2011 to 19th May 2011.  The two-day competition was participated by primary and secondary schools representing the eight different districts in this state.

Personally, there was no other segment in the competition that I enjoyed watching most, other than the traditional dance competition.  I was utterly amazed and enthralled by the dance routines and costumes; plus the extent to which students nowadays would go through to make their presentations enjoyable and indeed mesmerizing.

The Sewang by SM Undang Jelebu

I have always been a fan of traditional Malay dances and the festival presented me with an opportunity that I could not refuse, which was to be right there in front of the dancers as they were performing, even if it meant that I had to be the master of ceremony for the event for both days.


The Asyik by SMK Puteri

I was proud of myself because all my favourite dance teams won top prizes and of course accolades from the audience.  However, one of my favourite team did not win.  I actually went up to one of the judges after the ceremony, introduced myself and confessed that judging traditional dances was not my forte, and thus kindly requested for the explanation as to why the particular team did not win. 

She kindly explained that, beautiful and intricate though the dance in question maybe, it had actually diverted from the actual requirement of dances to be presented, which was traditional folk Malay dances and that that particular team had presented a traditional royal Malay dance.

I liked the dance, nevertheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...