Saturday, March 3, 2012

When the Cat's Gone!

Image sourced from Google
I dropped by one particular office (government-run of course!) last Friday at about 3.30 p.m.  What I saw put be to shame (I shouldn't but I was!) because the people in that office were the pets (no pun intended!) of the boss who ran the office!  I say pets because they have been given all the comfort people working in an office could get; cubicles that blocked other people from disturbing them, day-long air-conditioning even when it was below 25 C outside, and a kitchenette to boot, where they have been known to cook (in an office?) rice, dishes and even fry 'keropok'!  All the perks that make them the envy of other civil servants!

And I mentioned 'the boss who ran the office' because the boss is now no more; giving her service where it is more needed.

Anyway, the point is, now that the boss has left, the office staff (or pets!) are now having the time of their lives, on top of the comfort already given to them.  I was really ashamed to see all but one (or maybe two!) of them were merely relaxing and engrossed in idle chatter with nothing to do (really?)

I went to the office yet again an hour later and I saw the same relaxed and couldn't-care-less attitudes of the people there (save the two, of course!)  One was accessing her Facebook account, with a smile stretched across her face and one was reading newspaper spread over the office table.  Another one, when asked for a favor, hesitantly complied, scowling, showing her brooding look of displeasure at me!

I guess these pets (office staff) only function well when the cat is around!  However, when the cat is not around, these pets turn into the filthy and disgusting rats that they really are!  Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...