Sunday, February 12, 2012

Houston! We've Lost Houston!


I was in a teachers' training college in Kelantan when I heard 'Saving My Love For You' for the first time.  I was so struck by the sheer beauty of the singer's voice and effortless way she sang the song (back then there no was no such thing as a perfectly packaged singer, and people didn't care!)  that I had to get myself a copy of the cassette (no CD's back then!)  The distance from the college back then was an hour's ride by public bus since there was no other public transport.  Rickety as they were back then, I took a bus and scoured the town of Kota Bharu for the cassette, and paid through my nostrils (since I was not employed, and only lived on allowance!) for an original one; the only kind they had!

But I knew I had made a worthwhile investment, because the singer, Whitney Houston, rose to become one of the most successful and celebrated singers as far as I can remember.  She spurned hit after hit and I kept track of all her achievements and her blossoming career.

In this small memory of Whitney, I will not and absolutely refuse to write about all the difficult and bad things that she had gone through.  I will remember her for all the happiness and joy she had brought me with all her songs.  Thank you Whitney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...