Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Top of the World!


The SPM results were finally out today amidst different emotions engulfing each and every teenager who had sat for the examination last year.  It had been a long wait, be it for the teenagers, their parents or even the teachers who had taught them.  It was quite easy to guess the results these teenagers obtained judging from their body language and facial expressions once the results were in their hands.  For the successful ones, leaps of joys and laughter abound, but for those who did not do so well, the immediate reaction would be slumped shoulders and glum faces.

Nevertheless, I would like to share the joy that every one is currently experiencing and that is the ultimate recognition where our school was announced  the best in the district.  I am only sharing here because I have not actually seen the results myself.  My heartfelt congratulations go out to all my colleagues who had made a concerted effort to achieve this success.  As teachers we should not despair when not a single one of our successful students, nor their parents for that matter, approach us to hold out their hands to us expressing their gratitude for having taught them, because in reality, very few actually do!

I for one would feel extremely happy and contented just to see the smiles on my students faces, satisfied in the knowledge that I have made my small contribution towards that success.  And at least for today, no amount of negative remarks from any one, not even my superiors, can pull me down from my pedestal, that is being on top of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...