Friday, March 18, 2011

The Young and The Restless: The Same!


What is it about children that always gets on your nerves no matter how much you try to control yourself.  They bicker and quarrel with each other consistently and always disregard the warnings or reprimands made by the parents.  Worse still, whenever they are scolded verbally, they retaliate by talking back at you, staring at you like their eyes would come out of their sockets or just walk off into their rooms and slamming the door in anger!

It is rather ironic when you think that it is the parents who should be angry at them for quarreling and not listening to their parents warnings to stop doing so.  It is the parents who should be angry for their children's lack of respect towards them.  But, instead, it is the children who are angry at them for being scolded.

Sometimes I think I have not done a good enough job as a parent and that I have not been a successful parent.  I despair every time my child does not want to listen to me, or when my child barks back at me even when she knows that I am right and she is in the wrong.  I ponder the moments where I have gone wrong in raising a child, and if there had been many and if the faults had all been mine.

I can only hope that I will be around long enough to see all my children make it in this world, whether they like what I do for them or not regardless the dollars and cents.  And with that said, my last hope is they will have their two cents to reflect on what they have done, not for me, but for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...