Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy School Year 2011



To the other parts of the world, today is the first day of the year 2011; the beginning of another new decade for this century.  To those parts of the world, there was much merriment and jubilation, plus the fireworks and huggings last night followed by the ubiquitous Auld Lang Syne!

For most of us in this part of the world, today is the second day of the year 2011 and things have started to become a bit more frantic as momentum picks up for the impending opening of the new school year.  In most schools, year one pupils and form one students, in their brand new school uniforms, throng schools for their registration.  For the rest of the schools' population, the usual morning rush to school will start all over again tomorrow morning.

I guess it will be difficult to tune back to normalcy since we have all had a long holiday; more than a month in fact!  But, I guess it's back to the mundane routine of school life for me, as I see the early part of the year slowly trudging its proverbial feet, filled with uninteresting and time consuming meetings.  Not forgetting the  strangers who visit or gate-crash the school to make their somewhat unwanted presence known!  But, I guess it will be up to me to make life in school and life in general more interesting and certainly more bearable.

As for the moment, I don't see anything new, with regards to my responsibilities in school, in the immediate horizon but one can never tell what is behind it.  However, I guess, I will cross the bridge when I come to it.  I wouldn't mind crossing those bridges as long as they are in good condition.  I'd hate to be re-building bridges and then crossing them, especially those that have been broken by some one else. 

The first bridge for me to cross is tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...