Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 2011


Believe it or not, yesterday was the 365th day of the year 2010.  I initially thought that the year would trudge along very slowly, dragging its feet through the months of the year, with much difficulty, to reach the end of the month of December.

How wrong I was!  It did start very slowly at first, but once the first day of 2010 was completed, the next day came and then the next and then the day after that.  The days got to be very busy indeed with school work abound, children to send to boarding school and university; and then fetching them back again for long holidays and festivals and tons of the things I did during the year that I now find difficult to recollect. 

2010 also saw me making new friends and getting acquainted with old ones.  It also saw me doing things that I like doing with huge feeling of self-satisfaction after accomplishing it.  Of course some kind of recognition would have been the icing on the cake, but I was satisfied to have just the cake, even it was without the icing which was surprisingly eaten by someone else.

Apart from that, 2010 also saw me losing friends whom I held dear to my heart.  They are still around but the choice to sever the friendship was not mine but those people whom I still consider as friends.  Aside from their unique individuality, I love them for various other reasons, but apparently they needed more than I could offer; which meant they wanted more than just friendship.

All in all, I have a lot to be thankful for.  Allah has given me health and reasonable wealth to get me through the days.  Allah did not always give me things I wished for, but I saw that as something to make me more determined and ambitious.  Allah has, for twenty years now, continued to foster my love for my spouse and has bestowed upon me offspring who are, well, offspring!  Allah is all knowing, but I continue to ask for his grace.  For of these and more, I am more than grateful to Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...