Saturday, January 22, 2011

Silence Is More Than Gold


I should have just kept my big mouth shut!  I should have maintained my silent personality which has been part of me for all my life!  I have always been rather quiet!  An introvert even!  So much so my friends have learnt to identify me as the quiet one; the one who has very few to say but once said, always leaves a deep and lasting impression.

But last fortnight I was just not being me!  I had the wrong notion that if I expressed my thoughts, it would some how be to my advantage, in some unthinkable way.  I knew that no one in their right mind would ask for an extra work load, like an additional class to teach.  But, like I said, I was not being me!  I expressed my intention to my superiors that I would be willing to take on an extra class, and thus being the case, would be grateful if I could teach one of the better classes.

So, when the hammer finally came down today, I was rudely awakened from my slumber and false sense of security that I would get to teach the class I asked for if I volunteered to add an extra class to my already burgeoning time table.  Not only was one of my classes, which incidentally is a good class, taken away from me; and not only did I not get the class I volunteered to teach, I was shoved with two below average classes; students whose reasons for being is just to make teachers' lives miserable and their attendance in school is just to while the time away!

Hence, not only do I now have two classes that other teachers refuse to touch even with a ten-foot pole, I also end up having more number of teaching periods than other teachers!  That should teach me a lesson!  I guess superiors are trained not to listen to their subordinates!  I guess being superiors they are so high up the hierarchy pedestal that they don't hear what you say even if you yell at them.  Well, in future if they refuse to listen, I should just learn to shut up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...