Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bring Up Children

Que Sera Sera?


All parents, regardless of race, creed or religion, want the best for their children.  They will do everything in their power to be the best provider to their offspring to ensure that these children have a good future.  Thus, in order to achieve this, parents provide their children with the best education, formal or informal, academically or religion wise.  On top of that, they will also do all they can to earn as much as they can to put food on the table, clothes on their children's back and roof over their heads.

However, after all they have done, fathers especially, seem to feel that they have fallen out of favour from their children.  This is not a matter of whether they love their mothers more than they do their fathers! This is just a matter of respect!

I am not speaking on other fathers' behalf.  I am just saying my piece.  I seem to feel that, apart from all that I have done to ensure that my children grow up to become well-educated and well-behaved individuals, I have to silently come to the conclusion that I cannot expect too much from my children.  My children don't seem to share my idealism about how youngsters should behave towards their elders, no matter how much I stress the matter to them.  Unfortunately for me, my spouse doesn't share my enthusiasm either!

So, I am confined to the fact that I shall be the lonely father figure who will not have his ideals shared my neither his spouse nor his offspring.  I may think that my ideals are the best, because they were taught to me by my own mother.  Sad to say that we are the only two who share similar sentiments and my mother has passed on.  My turn may be coming soon!  Perhaps then, and only then, my children and spouse will realize that I have been right all along!  But by then, it will be too late!



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...