Thursday, December 2, 2010

For A Lost Cause!

Rebels Without A Cause!


I know being an examination invigilator is not an easy work because I have been an invigilator for the past fifteen years, but the incident which occurred to me today is the straw that broke the camel's back!  It is such a sad turn of event when, year after year, I notice examination candidates are getting less and less interested in taking their examinations and are even less respectful to the people who conduct the examinations for them.


Candidates nowadays seem to have a couldn't-care-less attitude towards other people let alone for themselves.  The candidates seem to think that they rule the hall in which the examination is being conducted and that they can do what ever they like. 


Two such incidents unfortunately happened to me today.  One was when one candidate wanted to leave the hall only half an hour into the examination.  When told that he was not allowed to leave, he said that he wanted to go to the toilet, which was fine.  But upon given the permission, he grabbed his stationery and quickly made a dash out of the hall, never to be seen again.  Toilet indeed!  More of a toilet case to me!


Another incident was when a candidate wanted to leave the hall early because he was asthmatic and that it was time for him to take his medication.  In such a situation, I had to allow the candidate to leave.  I later found out from a candidate who sat beside him that, not only was he not asthmatic, in fact he was as fit as a fiddle!


I think, that is all the insult that I can possibly endure from these candidates to last me a life time.  And on that note, I have come to a decision that this year's invigilation stint would be my last time!  I can definitely find better things to do during my holidays!





No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...