Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolution

Insya Allah......


Every year, when it comes to the end of the year, it seems customary for people to make new year's resolutions.  Some make more resolutions that you ever think of while some make resolutions that are out of this world.  Some people make new year's resolutions just for the fun of it while others do it just to follow the crowd.

I, just like many other people, am guilty of making resolutions of my own.  But, unlike those that I mention above, I have always been satisfied with making only one new resolution per year, and I have always made sure that my resolutions are within my means to achieve.  Of course, some people may gasp in surprise at my single resolution in comparison to their long list of annual ambitions.  But, again, unlike them, I make sure I achieve my resolutions and continue to practise what I have achieved.

The year 2010 saw me striving to renovate the store room that was designated as the Form 6 teachers' room.  I resolved that I would do all I could to do up the place and make it more like a teachers' room and more hospitable.  It took me, more than a month to do up the place all on my own, which included removing old furniture and replace them with those that were in better condition.  I resolved to make a small rock garden near the entrance of the room and continue to maintain the well-being of the plants.  I resolved to draw some murals on the walls to spruce up the appearance to the entrance of the room.  And I also resolved to establish a small teachers' reading corner in the room.  I am happy to say that I managed to achieve all of them and am singularly maintaining the condition.

For the year 2011, I am making again, one new resolution.  This time my ambition is more to the spiritual side; a more personal and internal fulfillment.  I pray and hope that I will achieve this resolution and also continue to maintain it once it is achieved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...