Monday, November 29, 2010

Back To Nature.

Beauty In Nature


It's the long end-of-the-year school holidays.  Children are at home, restless, without anything useful to do.  Or so they think.  Because children will never be able to think rationally or think of useful things to do to while away their holidays.  For them spending the holidays usefully would mean spending time outside the house, no matter how much that may cost their father's expenses.  And for that matter also, they don't really care if their father has been painstakingly saving every single cent possible for the new school year!


Well, a holiday outing, no matter how small or how near it may be, will definitely incur some form of expenses.  I initially wanted to argue that I was tired after hours of invigilating examinations or that I wanted to prepare next year's teaching materials and that the only thing I wanted to do was to just stay at home and relax but my fatherly judgement told me that I would be at the losing end, especially when the vote was three children (plus one mother!) against one father!


So, as I searched my memory banks, I recalled this beautiful place my friend had once mentioned in passing.  Thus, it was decided that we all went to this natural waterfall even though I did not really know how to get there.  But, get there we did!  And we were not disappointed at all!  The waterfall was a wonderful place, unpolluted, unpopulated, undeveloped and best of all, free!  We spent three hours playing in the water and we promised that we would come again.  I hope it would be sooner than later, and hopefully before some greedy entrepreneur decides to develop this place and turn it into a money-spinning holiday resort!



No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...