Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Good Night's Sleep


Return to Slumber land


I have always found it difficult to sleep when I don't sleep in my own bed like for example when I have to spend the night for a meeting or spending some time with my in-laws or even my extended families.  It's funny because the bed I sleep in when I go for courses or in other people's houses can be more comfortable than my own, and the pillows can even have goose down in them, but I still can't sleep.  And especially when spending the night for meetings, sleep is a very elusive thing, not only because of the unfamiliar surroundings but also because of the people who surround you. 


I guess, it's normal for people, friends especially, to chat way into the night when ever they meet.  This is probably because we seldom meet up with each other to strike a casual conversation due to our hectic work schedule.  With all this, it is not surprising when it is time to go home, I am usually the first few to start my car engine and be the first to leave.  The thought of being able to sleep in my own bed is just as inviting as seeing the smiling face of my wife as she opens the gates to greet me as I reach home. 


Come to think of it, that's probably the reason why I can sleep better in my own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...