Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Relaxing Outing!


An Apartment By The Seaside


The three days spent there was supposed to be a meeting of sorts, but for me it turned out to be more of a relaxing experience rather than a difficult one.  It was supposed to be three days of listening to talks and going through documents but all those activities were overcome by the fact that my accommodation was located by the seaside, plus the company of very friendly room mates.


Being someone who had actually spent twelve years of his teenage life in this once idyllic town of Port Dickson, coming here for that meeting brought back many fond and happy memories of childhood days gone by.  Even though the laid back lifestyle of this seaside town has faded away with the advance of time, I could still see the charm in the soft crashing waves of the sea that endlessly caress the shore.


I found myself hypnotically called to the beach and as I lazily walked on the sandy shore, I couldn't help but admire the serenity of the environment and the sparse visitors to the beach; perhaps because it was a working day.  However, the lack of visitors actually made my walk a more relaxing and carefree one.  I even managed to cajole a young teenager into taking a photo of myself.


I do hope that I will have the opportunity to come to this seaside town, if not for a meeting perhaps just for a quiet holiday spending leisurely walks by the beach with its clear pale blue water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...