Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Ohana Part 1

Star Q


It is always difficult when someone who is close to you suddenly passes on leaving you with literally nothing but the clothes on your back.  Such is the case of my sister who recently loss her husband who had nothing to his name except, well, his name.

And in such a situation she could only rely on her siblings for comfort both worldly and emotionally.  And on that fated Sunday morning when all six of us had received the message from her, we made split second decisions to make it all the way up to Alor Setar to be by our sister's side.

Of course being the one furthest away from her, that is far down south, I was the last one to arrive in Alor Setar, the morning after.  In fact one of my sisters who had arrived earlier that Sunday afternoon itself had gone home earlier.  So, I only had the opportunity to be with five of my siblings two of whom I did not have the chance to meet during our Hari Raya gathering at dad's house.

I see this incident, though sad it may be, as an act of Allah, allowing us to gather our strengths together in unity.  We may not always have the chance to get together all the time, but even in this sad time, we managed to find happiness in our togetherness.

To my sister, stay strong for we, your ohana, will always be by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...