Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Honor In Silence

Star Q
iii.  Penyerahan Voucer Buku 2014

Image sourced from google
There is honor in being silent about all the good deeds that you have done for other people, I always say.  Naturally to me, a good deed that I do is not something that I would go around telling everyone how good I am or how generous I am or how concerned I am about someone else.

However, some people no matter how sincere they are about their help or generosity, they always find it in themselves to show off to other people or to tell people about their good deeds.  And as if that was not enough, these people even go about ridiculing those who do not extend a helping hand especially financially.

It doesn't really hurt that much when a person who is ridiculed for not being generous or for not helping out is actually not helping out; in fact doing nothing!  But it hurts a lot when, like me, you are the sort of person who does not make known or does not show off in public about the good deeds you have done; probably because the good deeds you have done is small (and considered insignificant) compared to the ones made by the people who like to show off!

I mean, honestly, I am only as generous as my wallet can take me without sacrificing the needs of my own family members like my wife and my children because whatever happens, they come first.  In fact, I put myself second after them!  And I feel anyone's generosity should start from home.  If you have a little extra, give a little; if you have a lot then by all means, give a lot.  Just don't show off!

Doing a good deed to someone else doesn't mean you have to give the person the sun and the moon!  A little good deed can make a difference when help is really needed.  And there is always honor and self-satisfaction in keeping silent about the good deeds you have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...