Friday, January 24, 2014

Red Hot Over Rising Prices!

Star Q


Where the increase of prices of food items are concerned, we the consumers, are not only feeling the pinch; in actual fact we are being slapped in the face with this frightening reality.  Much have been said about this matter and sad to say, nothing is being done to rectify the situation, save a back-to-the-drawing board committee to look into the matter which will only incur more financial burden upon the nation.

And just a short while ago, I watched on television this person going round observing the prices of food items on sale at various markets, complete with his entourage that consisted of, I don't know, officials, staff, reporters and a hoard of cameramen!  Such a hullabaloo would have caught the attention of the stall owners long before that person's arrival and thus, all prices would have been moderated.  Probably!

Instead, why not come to small towns like ours, sans the huge entourage; come and see what we are experiencing.  A very disturbing example are the two vegetables in the picture I enclosed above.  This morning when I went to the market, I had already done my shopping when my wife reminded me to buy some spring onions and red chillies.   I only RM12 left in my wallet and I was lucky (or unlucky depending on how you look at the situation) when the two items in the picture cost me that much!  The chillies practically cost 50 cents each and the spring onions, RM1 per plant!

And these are only two of the many food items which have undergone price increase.  Please do something about this!  Please don't tell us 'If the chillies are too expensive, don't eat sambal or go and plant them yourselves or don't stay in this country!'

A statement was issued saying that all this increase of prices will eventually subside by the end of March when the weather, which is currently raining heavily according to the spokesperson, returns to normal.  All these years of experience has taught me that the prices of food that has gone up very rarely goes down.  

So, it's back to these people making empty promises; just like our wallets are empty when we finish our marketing!









No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...