Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First Day of Scool 2014

Star Q



The first thing I notice when school opens for the new year is not the students.   Of course many will be looking at the fresh-faced form ones in their new attires, new school bags and new shoes.  They all look so eager to start lesson in their new secondary school.  No, the students are not the ones whom I notice first; in fact the first people I notice are the parents.

The first day of school (be it the primary or secondary) I will see over-doting parents become over-possessive of their charges.  The extra traffic that occurs outside the school compound extends into the school area.  I notice parents driving into the school area even though they have been informed to drop their children outside the school gate.

I suppose if these parents had their way they would drive right up to the classroom and drop their children in front of the classroom door; or some would even park their cars in the classrooms and wait until  school is over to take their children home.  These parents can be overbearing.  

I mean, students, especially when they are already in secondary school should be given some kind of responsibility to take care of themselves, because I am sure they are able to do so.  After all having your parents hovering you like a vulture (not a hawk!) would cause undue stress to the children and would even cause them to feel ashamed.

To these parents I say, times have changed.  Just go home and do whatever it is you are supposed to do and leave your children (with the help of the school)  to care for themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...