Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Undeserving Deserves More Part II

I have written about this malady earlier in the week after waiting many months to express my distaste as to how the netbooks, given free by the government to the lower income group among the citizens, have been mishandled by untrusworthy individuals.  I stress once again; these individuals who have been entrusted by their superiors to justly distribute to school students according to specific criteria, the most important one states that the recipient of the netbook must, I stress, must be from the lower income group, have indeed broken that trust!

Only today another batch of these netbooks were distributed to students.  I was not given the opportunity to catch even a glimpse of the list of recipients.  However, I received sad complaints from some of my students who voiced their dissatisfaction to me when they found out that one of the recipients happen to be the child of a very wealthy family in this town.  Both the parents own prosperous businesses, have at least two huge houses (one of which is a bungalow!) several cars and SUV's and at least one huge motorbike!  And on top of that, the child would probably own a laptop of his own, and there would also probably be at least another desk top at home!

You tell me how a child from that kind of wealthy background becomes a worthy recipient of a netbook that in fact should have been given to a child who comes from a middle or lower income family; a child who may have more than five school-going siblings; a child who may live in a two-roomed rented house and a child whose only bread winner in the family is his father, who may probably work as a labourer!

You justify the injustice of this predicament!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...