Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Reunion To Remember


It wasn't my reunion, but the one I attended yesterday was one I wouldn't have missed for the world.  I say this because for someone who has never had a reunion of any sorts (except family reunions) this reunion between old students and old teachers of this school where I am teaching in, has indeed left an indelible impression on me; one that I will never be able to emulate in any other kind of situations.

To see the former students chatter in excitement with their former fellow students and former teachers, catching up with thirty years (at least!) of lost time, really made my heart swell with amazement as to how these people can go to every extent to get this group of one hundred and eighty people together in the aghast hall!  I tip my hats off (or my my case, my 'songkok'!) to the organizer!

I was even more at awe when I noticed that some of them actually made the effort to attend even though they came with the help of a walking stick and one even had to have someone else to help him walk!  However, a dusting of grey hair and a few weak bones, did not dampen these people's spirits as I heard rapturous laughter and shrieks of happiness from the crowd!

I may not get a chance to experience such a gathering, but at least I had the chance to attend someone else's reunion.  For now I know how it feels to meet long lost friends and teachers live!  I guess meeting these people in Facebook will never be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...