Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bringing Up Children



It goes without saying that children nowadays are totally different from children of yesteryear, in all sense of the word.  My argument may not apply to a small group of children but it may in a way, apply to most children that you and I know.  Of course, this entry will be one of my many entries in future about this topic.

One great difference that I notice is that children nowadays simply love to wake up late sometimes late in the afternoon.  No matter how many times you tell them to get up from bed early, it always falls on deaf ears.  Of course, once in a while they are allowed to sleep in late if the night before they had been studying or the likes.  Otherwise I fail to see the reason why they should lie in bed, when every one else is up (don't get me going about sharing the house chores!)

Worst of all when they do get up, just in time for lunch, they leave their beds undone with the slightest effort to try and make their beds.  The room is strewn all over with soiled clothes, books everywhere and gadgets galore on the cold floor.

Of course, it was different when I was a child.  My late mother only needed to tell me once to do my chores and I would do them immediately and for the rest of my days, my mother never needed to remind me of my chores ever again.

What is it then about the children of yesteryear (some I guess) that they never needed to be told countless numbers of times to do things when compared to the children of today (also some I guess) where they need to be continuously told (then they would say that the parents are nagging!)  Were the parents of yesteryear better than today's parents?  Is there something that is lacking in the parents of today take makes their children care less about them?  I wonder!


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...