Friday, October 7, 2011

Fare Thee Well, Tn Hj Mazlan


A retirement ceremony is never a happy occasion (even though the retiree gets many farewell presents!)   There is always a sombre feeling when one's friend has reached the ripe old (sic!) age for retirement because of the things that once were shared and mostly so because of the faults and mistakes that were made.

Today, on this beautiful Friday October the 7th 2011, saw the retirement of a senior teacher, Tn. Hj. Mazlan Abu Zaharin, Senior Assistant (Academic) of SMK Tuanku Abdul Rahman; a man who first brought me into the world of exam invigilation in 1996.  And I suppose through his confidence, I later gained enough confidence of my own to become a Chief Invigilator myself.

I also remember him most for that small favour he did for me way back in 1997.  I wanted to take my wife who was at that time about five months pregnant to the clinic for her routine check-up, but since I had just started teaching, I did not have my own car.  Besides, the public transport was quite unreliable then.  So, I asked him if I could borrow his old Datsun LY to take my wife to the clinic.  Instead, he offered to let me use his new Proton Saga NAF 9526 (if I'm not mistaken)  I tried to refuse but he did not take no as an answer.

These are but two of the many things that may be insignificant to others but which mean a lot to me.  I have learned a lot from him and for all that, I thank him.  I wish him all the best of health and prosperity in his retirement Insya Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...