Saturday, October 1, 2011

Found : Radziah Abdul Yamin!

Saturday is never a good day to hold activities in the school especially those that require teachers to adhere to formal code of ethics for their attire and also conduct and especially so when they have to attend professional courses like the one my colleagues and I had today.

I really did not feel like attending the course (a few of my colleagues actually did not!), this morning most of all because I was tired from the travelling I did yesterday from Port Dickson after attending a two-day meeting (yes, at THAT resort!)  But I went nevertheless, albeit with a huge rock of laziness on my shoulders.

When I got to school, I saw the person who was going to present the course materials and I thought I recognised the face, different but in similar in ways that I can vaguely remember.  My hunch was right when during the 10.30 break, I walked up to her and asked her if she went to school in Port Dickson during her primary and secondary school.  She didn't answer but straight away asked me for my full name! 

That was when we realised that we were childhood friends who had gone to the same primary (standards 5 and 6) and secondary school (forms 1 and 2)  We did manage to catch up with old times, but the course schedule was so tight that there was no chance to continue the conversation.  And by the end of the course she and her two children were in a hurry to go back (to Port Dickson, no less)  that we merely bade each other goodbye and hoped that good fortune will give a chance to cross paths again, hopefully in a more unhurried circumstance!

Radziah Abdul Yamin.  One of my close school friends, have now become an Excellent Teacher (Guru Cemerlang)  I feel happy for her.  I am even happier that I have had the chance to meet her once again after thirty six years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...