Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Old Friend from UK Days!


If you are fated to meet up with a friend, even after many years, God willing, you will meet up with your friend again.  That is exactly what happened to me this week while being an examiner for a certain
examination for our local Form 6. 

It turned out, that my co-examiner is a friend who went to the UK the same time I did, which was from 1994 to 1996.  And most surprising of all, she knew at least two of my course mates who went to the same university as I did in Leeds, that is the University of Leeds.

Needless to say, there were a lot of catching up to do aside from reminiscing the old times, especially talking about the weather.  The face that she went to Bristol didn't really matter much!  It's funny how you tend to pick up a few of the local (UK) habits when striking a conversation, and that was exactly what we did; talked about the weather!

And it is also nice to know that most of us who went to study in the UK have weathered on as teachers to continue teaching (she has five more years to go before her retirement!), no matter the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...