Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Gracious Host!

Our Form 6 students as Facilitators and Motivators

Our form six performed their Social Services today by giving motivational talks to primary school pupils who will be sitting for their UPSR examination in September this year.  I noticed that every one learned a lot through the programme, be they the primary school pupils themselves, the motivators and even me myself.

On the plus side I learned a few things from the headmaster of the school that my group of form 6 went to.  I learned that there are indeed heads of departments who sympathise with the workloads faced by teachers, none of which had anything to do with our core business which is teaching.  She empathised that teachers are burdened with excessive and unnecessary documentation and clerical work and to a certain extent, she even hired teacher helpers for her teachers.  I felt a sudden pain in my stomach and wondered why my head of department doesn't even have, at the very least one percent of that headmaster's empathy!  Teaching life would be a lot more bearable, with or without the excessive clerical work!

However, on the negative side, I learned that I still have that nagging feeling that someone out there is trying to stab me in the back.  Call me paranoid but two situations today seem to prove my suspicion.  Firstly, I found out this particular person had earlier on instructed that my name be left out from the list of teachers who would be accompanying the form 6 for their social service programme.

Secondly, I also found out that he had gone behind my back to cancel activities which had earlier on been planned for the form 6 students.  I don't really mind if I were left out from joining the students' social service but it really hurts to find out about the second one.  Matters could be worse if he doesn't own up for what he did and decides to be blame me for the cancellation of the activities.  Even worse still, if my superior believes him!

I wouldn't mind if people pull wool over my eyes but I definitely would not want to be in the company of a wolf in sheep's clothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...