Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Go at Flamingo

Star Q

Image sourced from google


I would be lost if I were to have driven to this side of Ampang on my own.  But I was lucky that all the driving was done by a colleague who knew her way around the area albeit with a little help from Mr. Waze!  

Flamingo by the Lake in Ampang was the last venue for the third phase of our course conducted by the English Language Training Centre or ELTC.  The first phase was held in Cheras while the second phase was held at Glory Beach Resort in Port Dickson (of which I made a small mention in one of my earlier entries!)

It was a poignant reunion for us.  On the one hand we were happy to see each other again for the third phase, but on the other hand we felt a tinge of sadness.  Since the third phase of our course was also the last one, we had to accept the fact that this would be our last reunion.

And Flamingo Hotel seemed like a fitting venue to have the course because it had all the makings of a location for people to bid adieu.  The beautiful lake beside the hotel, to me, resembled the South China Sea that separates Peninsular Malaysia and East Malaysia, where all of us come from.  The roads and fly-overs in front of the hotel resemble the routes that make it accessible for us to get together.

All in all I personally feel that I have gained a lot of life experience by mingling with my colleagues from four different states; Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan and Sarawak.  Thank you friends for the fond memories and to my Sarawakian friends, thank you for your tokens of friendship which I will always cherish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...