Saturday, August 3, 2013

KFC : Kentucky Family Centre

Star Q


I must admit that I haven't been going to this particular fast food outlet for quite sometime now; mostly because I have grown out of favour for this crispy crunchy chooks.  The other reason is because, I know by making them myself, I can adjust it to my own taste with my choice of herbs and spices, albeit not as crunchy and crispy as the aforementioned product!

But once in a while (this trip was the first after almost three months) I venture bravely to this particular premise, mainly due to persistent clamorings from the young ones who feel that they deserve this fast food.  And so, reluctantly I went there and noticed two things that, if anything, made me feel irritated.

The first was the fickle-minded customer when placing his orders.  He ordered three boxes of dinner plates (the one with three pieces of chicken in each box, plus, plus)  He made his order specific by asking that the chicken pieces in one box be the original recipe ones, the second one, hot and spicy and the third one an equal mixture of both (how can you get equal quantities when there are three?)  His second demand was that in each box, there should be a wing, a thigh and a drumstick! (at that point, I was about to run away, but I remembered my kids!)  And then there was one order of Chicky Meal plus the hassle of choosing the toy (a lengthy question and answer session there, too!)  And then the drinks, one with ice, one without and the third one no drink! ( a la carte!)  I mean, the queue wasn't long, but this one customer took about fifteen minutes for the cashier and the supervisor to satisfy his demands.

The second one was the kid.  I mean the counter is where food and drinks are put.  And it should always remain clean and hygienic.  It definitely is not a place for one to put their children (no matter how small or adorable the parents think their children are!) whether with shoes or without!  Decency and logic will tell these parents (I assume they are parents!) that you would not put your toddler on your dining table along with food that has been served (or not!)  Unless of course, enjoying your food with your toddler on the dining table at the same time, is something that you practise every day.

Then again, even if you do this at home, it is something that you should keep at home.  Let bad habits remain within the closed confines of your own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...