Monday, March 11, 2013

Grateful with Mixed Feelings

Star Q

Civil servants to get early annual increments in July - Nation | The Star Online

I am not one to be ungrateful for all the good things that has happened all this while in my profession as a civil servant.  As a matter of fact, no one (I guess) is more thankful than I am, not least because of the many pay hikes that all civil servants have received (at least) four times during my almost thirty years of service.  I am even more thankful when the government granted me (amongst the few) a scholarship to further my studies abroad.

But this (timely) pay hike is surely to cause many dissatisfaction in the hearts of those 'rakyat' (not all) who are not in the civil service.  These people will continue to harp about what they see as the continuously slow services of the personnel who provide counter services like the Immigration Department and Registration Department (to name a few)  They will continue to highlight the incompetent services of the Post Office workers (sic) or Traffic Police.  And they will continue to dole out scathing critical remarks about every government departments they can possibly think of; whether it is out of spite for the pay hike received by the civil servants or just out of sheer contempt for those fortunate enough to be  government servants.

It is definitely undeniable that as of today there will be many of these hurtful comments splashed all over the social medias brandished out these few frustrated souls.  Of course people who put up such status will become instant social media stars because their status will be so popular especially with hundreds of 'likes' and 'responses' alike.  

Having said all that, I for one have personally turned a blind eye (my short-sightedness is indeed a blessing here) to all these remarks.  All I can say is, I will continue to do my work to the best of my ability (always have) and will always be thankful to God because the true power that guides everything and anything to happen as we see it, is truly his.


No comments:

Post a Comment

After Two Years.....

Can't believe that I have been too busy to write that I have actually left this blog untouched for two long years.  A lot of thing...